Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Getting ready

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off!!!!!!! The North Mobile Garden Society meets at my house tonight....and let me just tell you that this makes me VERY nervous!! Its one thing to have a meeting at your house, but different when its the garden club. #1 the yard must be perfect, #2 the house must be clean. So now...#1 & #2 are complete.....I think.... I worked on the garden all weekend to get ready. I came home yesterday and found 4 or 5 bags of leaves sitting at my gate....hmmmm not sure where they came from. I had to put them out quickly since I had so much to do inside. I made my way inside, broke out the Hoover Floormate (the best investment I ever made) and went to town. Actually Jennifer went to town! God has blessed me with the amazing....AMAZING friends. Jennifer and Von came over to help me clean....can you believe that....all for FREE! I am amazed. I told them I will come clean both of their houses. I began vacuuming pet hair off of everything in my house...thanks to one small, 9lb furry chirper we like to call Kiki! I am sometimes amazed that the cat isn't hairless as much as she sheds!! Kiki only has 3 spots in the living room she sleeps in, and these 3 spots are were I have laid blankets for her. Good little angel! She sleeps on the back of the chair, at the foot of the couch, and at the arm of the couch. She will not sleep where I don't have a blanket laid for her...God love her! This is good, it helps cut down on her shedding half of her body weight everywhere else. I wish she would let me vacuum her once a day.....but I some how don't think she would go for it! After the cleaning spree...I had to make a fruit trifle. Low and behold...I couldn't find the trifle bowl....ugh!!!!! I know I have one...but where is it? Von to the rescue.....she let me borrow hers! Thanks Von!!!!!!!!! Whipped up the trifle, dusted the furniture...and off to bed I went. ZZZZZZZZ! So am I ready......NO! I have no idea how many people will be there...I have a fear of 30 people showing up, since we have all invited gardeners to join us. The thought of gardeners coming to my piddly garden strikes fear in my heart. One day I will have a big fancy smancy garden to show off....but it is what it is! Tomorrow I will have lots of pics of the meeting for you. I can also show you the finished product of the garden flags we painted (Garden Tour Flags)...in all of its glory.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't envy you at all - but thank goodness you had your friends to help you. Sometimes I wonder - is it worth it? LOL
Well GOOD LUCK and hope it's a smash!!!
By the way 'My Journey' is FINALLY on just this minute. Hope it's not too long but there's so much to see there. .-)
Thanks for inspiring me - hope ya get lots of traffic!

Susan said...

Can't wait to hear more about your meeting. I'm sure all will go well. Beautiful roses!

Victoria Williams said...

Other gardeners will enjoy your garden I'm sure. Kiki is a cutie!
Enjoy your meeting.

Becca's Dirt said...

You are fortunate to have friends that will help you clean. Most friends run home when cleaning starts. Your meeting will be just fine. Good you got your leaves spread last evening.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I think it sounds so fun to belong to a garden club! I bet your house and garden look great and you are lucky to have such nice friends. Can't wait hear how it went.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, but I'm sure you'll do just fine, and you will have a great time. How wonderful to have friends to give you a helping hand.

Your roses are lovely.

Look forward to pictures of your meeting.

FlowerLady

Dirt Princess said...

RG - I thought to myself that maybe I should have had the meeting at my house in the fall, and it would be dark outside by 6:30 and then no one could see it!!! LOL! Atleast knock 1 thing off the list

Susan - I am sure I will have much to blog about tomorrow

Becca- I am blessed to have good friends!

Catherine - It is SOOOo much fun. There is such an age range in our group. I am the youngest, and the oldest is 81!! WOW!! But they all bring something to the table, and are really a fabulous group of women. I have learned so much from them.

FlowerLady - I will be sporting my new hat tonight (one for the tour). The ladies are supposed to be bringing their hats so we can get them ready. Won't we all be snazzy in our hats the day of the tour!

K&V - other gardeners get it...they get that it takes time. Kiki is my little angel

tina said...

I'm right there with you. Housecleaning would be my biggest worry-the garden is what it is. You'll have fun tonight. Don't stress.

Prospero said...

Where is that trifle bowl, anyways. Oops, I'm using it for my tomato startups. Dang.

Unknown said...

Don't forget that the garden is supposed to bring you pleasure, not exhaustion! If something is a bit amiss, let the garden snob who notices and points it out pull the weed!

Susie said...

What a busy day! Hope your meeting is splendid!

cherry said...

can't wait to hear how tonight went, bet ya'll are having a blast.. pictures please of the hats.

hugs, Cherry

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the photos and read what all happened........I would not have been able to sleep a wink!!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List