Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

On the other side

This is my next door neighbors yard. Lucky for them they are both retired and get to spend everyday out in their yard. I went over yesterday and took some photos of it. They are also on the Garden Tour. In a few weeks all of their daylilies will be blooming. I asked Mrs. Sandra how many they had, she said there were around 1500!!! I will get some photos of them when they bloom. This is nest to their patio. I love the old work boots covered in moss. I am going to do this with an old chair. I will show you soon. Here is a larger shot
A fountain Mr. Otis made with a large vase.
Coy pond surrounded by irises and verbena.
Near the shed
The house to the left is my house. You can see that I sit a little lower than them.
Bed in the back of the yard. It is filled with amaryllis
Over all view
Their yard is beautiful. It always looks perfect, never a weed, nothing ever out of place. Maybe when I am retired mine will be this way!

11 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

I am sorry that the link isn't working for you according to my istructions. I see you have a different blog background on this account. You might try and follow the instructions you used to get this one and just insert the camo link instead. Or see if it works doing it just copy and paste the below in the html part of the blog layout. I know you have tried this but this one has the link already in it and everything. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

body {
background:$bgcolor;background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/goofy_monica/bloglayouts/camo.jpg);background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:fixed;
margin:0;

Unknown said...

Mornin' DirtPrincess, your neighbors yard is gorgeous. How lucky to be able to grow amaryllis in your zone. 1500 daylilies wow I can't wait to see that post. This was really enjoyable - I love looking at other peoples yards! Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Hi again, I forgot to ask . . . I'm getting ready to do my journey soon (had the pics for a week) but when I do my link to you should I do it to your main blog or to your journey? Thanks, Linda

Dirt Princess said...

RG - Their daylilies are amazing! I love to go visit other gardeners yards. If you want to mention me in your journey that will be great. I know Gardener In Progress and A Southern Garden by Becca mentioned it. It is up to you. I can't wait to seer it! So exciting!

Unknown said...

I DO want to mention you but wanted to know which link you think would be best? Your main blog link or the one to your journey (because it was so neat).

Dirt Princess said...

RG - you can use the journey post. That way some of your visitors can see my journey as well if they want

Becca's Dirt said...

What a beautiful place. I love all the water fountains and ponds. The rocks make a nice border. I know they must work awful hard to keep up the place.

Becca's Dirt said...

What a great place. I love all the water fountains and ponds. I know they must work awful hard to keep this place up. Gardening is enjoyable work, though isn't it.

tina said...

How wonderful to live next door to gardeners! Their yard is beautiful and I am going to try that moss trick. I know I have some old Army boots lying around somewhere...

Dirt Princess said...

Tina - let me know how it does for you. I love...I want to try a pair of old high heels!

Susie said...

That is a gorgeous yard! It does look like lots of work tho. I guess if you are retired that is no problem.

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List