Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Ahhhhhhh....Thats Over

The Garden Club meeting was so much fun...as usual! We had 20 people come...and 3 new members! That is ALWAYS great! So here are some pics of the event.
Ramona (aka Hydrangea Queen) and mua...Dirt Princess. This is one of the flags we painted to put in the tour gardens, the day of the tour. Notice the flag says "Carden" instead of "garden"....someone (I won't say what blonde woman in a green shirt did this.....) forgot the paint the "G" completely...I have to fix this soon.
Here is the Garden Club. From left to right:
Angie, Shirley, Mary, Sue, Anne, Janie, Mary, Pat, Edith, Deborah, Jennifer, Linda. Front Row: Ruth, Lisa, Amanda, Evelyn, Dirt Princess, Becky (aka The Dirt Queen...my mom), Audrey. Front and Center......Ramona The ladies discussing the tour, Sue, Ruth, Deborah & Sandra (my next door neighbor...she is on the tour)
Hat fixins.....ribbon, flowers, etc to put together our hats.
Dirt Princess and Kiki...the un-official Garden Club mascot. She prefers bugs, not flowers.
Dirt Princess and Jennifer
My mom....The Dirt Queen (ok....I know I am going to get some crazy comment about the turkey...I will follow up on that at the end)
Mary...making her grand entrance with her hat
Evelyn...showing off ;)
Edith...I'm not sure whats going on with her hat (it has horns coming out of it)...LOL!
Dirt Princess
Amanda See No Evil (Lisa), Hear no Evil (Edith), Speak No Evil (Evelyn)
the table....and Von's trifle dish :)
Goodies
The night went great We all had a blast as usual! A lot of the ladies had never been to my home before. A lot of them read my blog, and told me that my yard did indeed look better in person than it did in my pictures...whew!!!! Thats a relief....I like to think I look better in real life than I do in pictures as well...LOL!
So now to the deer, and the turkey. When you are married to an AVID hunter (or huntress, such as myself), stuffed animals become part of your life. This is not my house...its our house. I have tried to create and environment thats suits both of us. For The Hunter...this means hanging animals up. Now I can proudly say that the turkey seen in all of the photos is the Dirt Princess'. This is the only thing I have!!! So I am proud him! I like to call my style Hunting Camp Chic...LOL!
I hope that all of us are ready for the tour...I know I am!!!!!!! I cannot wait. May 9th is FAST approaching. I pray that we have a beautiful...not too hot day!
I hope ya'll enjoyed our meeting! Wish you all were there!

13 comments:

Jesikarena said...

I am very happy that your meeting went well. I am sure that you were anxious about it. Looks like you had alot of fun : )
Ps. you look very pretty in your pictures.
The hats were a great idea!

Dirt Princess said...

Jesikarena - Thank you :)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun! How did you get involved in the garden club? I've always thought that belonging to one would be fun. Do you always wear hats?
Your table looks great all decorated!
I can't wait to see what the tour looks like! Thanks for sharing :)

Victoria Williams said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Great pictures! (Even the stuffed turkey)

Dirt Princess said...

Catherine - My aunt was friends with Ramona, and they kept trying to get me to join...I finally did last May1 I love it. Ya'll should do it...you have a ton of gardeners in Seattle. I wear hats alot...I wore it last night because we will be wearing them the day of the garden tour.

K&V - Too funny!

Unknown said...

All did go well - we all knew it would! I'm glad ya had a good time - it looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm married to a hunter also and have a moose rack on our wall that was his fathers. Great pics of everything!

tina said...

Looks like great fun!

Vonnie said...

Ho great that you share gardening with yur Mom. It looks like you were having fun. Love the hats. It's so hard to find a good excuse to wear a great hat.
Easter Blessings,
Vonnie

Ginger said...

You and your decorations are precious! It looks like the meeting was a blast! I love that Kiki was in on the action.

The signs look really good :) I wouldn't even have noticed the "c" if you hadn't pointed it out!

Danielles Garden said...

This looks like fun. It's something I might want to get involved in. Where can I find out info on the garden club?

-Danielle, Palm City

Sugarplum Cottage said...

I use to be in the garden club, but quit because I just couldn't make to all the meetings. Loving all these pictures of ya'll. I also love how you covered the tables with easter grass, wonderful idea. Hope you have a blessed Easter, Rosemarie

Dirt Princess said...

RG - we haven't gotten around to the moose yet...thank goodness!

Tina - the garden club meetings are the highlight of my month!!

Vonnie - It is all my mom's fault that I do garden. It runs in my blood

Ginger - Kiki ran through the den a few times once everyone arrived...she didn't really socialize with everyone.

Ldybug - It is so much fun, we share plants, share info, etc. You can look in your local paper and see if there are any upcoming events for you local club. If there are no local clubs...start one. It is easy. Our club started 3 years ago...and look how we have grown.

Sugarplum - I was trying to be inventive :)

Dirt Princess said...

Ldybug - I will tell you that some garden clubs are a bit to prim, proper & stuffy for me...our club is not like that. So check them out before you decide to join. Just find fellow gardeners in your area and start one up.

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List