Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Please be seated

I had this bright idea to cover a chair in moss. I got this bright idea from my neighbor who covered old workboots in moss. So why not do a chair. I picked up this chair from a local consignment shop. My neighbor just scraped moss off of rocks and sat in it on the boots. I have seen this done with chairs, so I hope it works because I think it would be cute. I also picked up some old enamel stock pots. I used them as containers. I bought a blue one, white one and yellow one (shown below). I haven't planted anything in this one yet.

6 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Great idea with the moss and chair. I like that chair. I use stock pots too. I think they are a nice accent in a garden.

Ginger said...

I've read you can slather the surface with buttermilk before putting the moss on, and that will help the moss stick and grow.

It will be CUTE! And I love the colorfuls pots as planters - what a great idea!

Dirt Princess said...

Ginger I will try that.

Susie said...

Okay, I can't wait to see how the chair turns out. That sounds like a fun project.

Like your pots too! Anything planted in them will be cute.

Jill-O said...

I enjoy repurposing things. That chair is in my favorite garden color.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a great idea. I've heard the same as Ginger. I bet it'll look really nice tucked in the garden somewhere!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List