Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Magazines

I love to come home everyday and check the mail to see what goodies may have arrived. I love to browse through them and highlight plants I would like purchase. Old House Gardens is one of my favorites as well as Thompson Seed (we all know that I am all about growing some seeds!).
Which brings me to my next subject....seeds. I am ready to start planting...but I have to wait a few more weeks. Last summer I collected seeds from all of my plants. I kept them in air tight containers. I mainly use mason jars or old candle jars with lids. I prefer the Circle E (http://www.circleecandles.com/) candle jars after I have burned them out. They make pretty snazzy seed jars. On the expert advise of my 80 year old garden buddy...I froze the seeds. Mrs. Brown says they germinate much quicker this way. We shall see. On top of all of the seeds I collected from my yard, I have also purchased a few packs. I am not one for annuals....but I will pay $1 for a pack of annual seeds....if they die...oh well I am only out $1!!!!!!!!
I am especially excited about the Giant Violet Queen Zinnia...she just sounds fun!!!!!! And what a beauty she shall be.
Now I have never grown hollyhocks...but they are very statuesque and granduer to me....I can't wait to see them shoot up.
The English Daisy is totally new to me...they just look cute, so I thought what the heck. I like odd shaped plants....I am drawn to them.
Lupine is also a new one to me.

So lets cross our fingers that in a few weeks you will be seeing the baby sprouts of these seeds, and then the full grown versions later on in the summer. These seeds in the packets will soon join the others in the freezer.

Happy sprouting

No comments:

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List