Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mobile Botanical Gardens Gallery of Gardens Tour 2011 - Roberts-Spicer Garden

Welcome back for day 4 of the Mobile Botanical Gardens Gallery of Gardens Tour 2011
Today's garden is quite a treat.

So I hope you enjoy the Roberts-Spicer garden



As soon as you enter through his front gates, you are welcomed by this large pigeonerre. It was amazing.


The house is situated between to open courtyards. You almost feel like you are in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

There are covered porches on each side of the home, that open into the courtyard.




I loved the arrangement of these baskets. Very nice.


In the rea of the property, there is a great little garden. It is triangular shaped, and they made the most of the space. There were all sorts of goodies growing in here. Quite a few veggies were ready for the pickin', but the owner wanted to show them off on the tour.








This is the courtyard on the opposite side of the home.




Isn't this a fabulous place to entertain!!! I could have quite the party here.

Tomorrow for Fertilizer Friday I am going to share my favorite garden on the tour with ya'll

If you missed the previous gardens:

Hope ya'll will be back to visit tomorrow for Fertilizer Friday. I haven't been around to visit much this week. I've been busy working on projects. I will be around Sunday to visit.

8 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie this is just fabulous!!! I've spent the last week out in my gardens and away from the computer.

I'm gonna be readin' backward here. I'm talented that way! Heeehehehe!

God bless and enjoy this beautiful day!

I'm here 'cause it's rainin'! :o)

Darla said...

What a place! The triangular garden reminds me of an old wood boat, which I want in my garden!

hand painted by cheryl said...

I was so excited about the garden tour.They have been so pretty.Thanks for sharing them with us.

Becca's Dirt said...

Fabulous porches and landscaping. Lovely patio area with the water element. Pretty hydrangeas.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I luv the courtyard! And the fountain is cool. Everything is so green. I envy that so much. Thank You so much for the tour......Julian

Stephanie said...

I agreee... it's fabulous! I love that window sill with pretty caladiums, dusty miller and ivies. Thanks for showing this wonderful place.

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog, but I enjoyed the garden tour today. What a great place. It reminded me of a New Orleans garden too. I was there for months and my favorte thing was visiting gardens in the French Quarter where a friend of mine lived. This place here is really special.

littlekarstar said...

Thank you for sharing these gardens on your blog! Love looking at the pictures and geting inspired...

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List