I am not good at Wordless Wednesday...there is not point in me even doing it...I have never been a wordless person. This is a totally random post...just some things around the garden, and answering a few questions. Butterfly Bush and Dusty Miller
Yesterday on the dragonfly post, you could see my "circus" piece in the background. Teresa
wanted to know what it was. It was an old table base I bought at a consignment shop for $5. I painted a crazy design on it, added some beads, and stuck some twirly beaded things in the top of it. The Hunter said it looks like the circus left it in our yard....so thus the name "circus" piece. It looks crazy, but I love it.
This is one of my favorite little plants....this is a Bat Face Plant. It is in the cuphea family. It is bright red, and deep purple......it resembles a bat. This plant is hard for me to photograph with my camera. I finally figured out that there had to be something else behind it for me to focus on....so I focused on the sign, and got my shot.
This is a small area between me and the Berlin Wall (the neighbor's brick wall). It is next to my driveway. The beige brick was apparently a separation between my drive and the neighbors at one point in time. Hurricane Katrina messed part of it up. Then the neighbor's built that huge white wall that is like 6' high next to this one....so now there are 2 brick walls. So my wall had a gap in it, and as any gardener would do....I filled it with dirt and planted stuff in it! I have been testing plants in it. It doesn't retain moisture/water well, and since it is next to the white wall, it gets hot for the plants. I have found that wave petunias work very well....as you can see.
This is another plant that I have in that same area. Prospero asked about it, and I am not 100% sure what it is. It is a vine of some sort...I have seen it called a sunflower vine....but I am not really sure. I use it as ground cover in other flower beds. It spreads quickly, so if it gets into an area I don't want it in, I just pull it up...it has very shallow roots, very close to the surface.
This is the 2nd dinner plate dahlia to bloom on that one plant. It has 3 other buds!!! This is by far my favorite flower in my garden....look at it.....how could you not love it! (Click here to see more of this baby in action)
Two or three weeks ago I rooted several plants, variegated lacecap hydrangeas, the climbing rose The Hunter found, a few more hydrangeas, native azalea, gardenia, and some I am sure I have left out. Well I am happy to report that they have put on new growth and are doing really well.
okay...so the 3 on the front row don't look to sporty...that's why I root 3 or 4 of the same plant at one time...some make it, some don't
vivid green hosta
Maggie Elizabeth tagged me on her post 6 Unimportant Things About Me, that make me happy.
So here are my 6 totally random unimportant things that make me happy:
1) Two shows I love Jon & Kate +8, Real Housewives of New Jersey.
J&K+8, I have been watching for years, and yes I am very distraught by everything going on with them. Real Housewives I have watched every season of, Orange County, New York, Atlanta, and New Jersey. I must admit Atlanta was my LEAST fave, and so far Jersey is turning out to be my fave.
2) Tirimisu..............ahhhhhhhh the wonderful, creamy substance....it is my fave dessert ever
3) fresh, clean sheets.....I sleep better with fresh, clean sheets
4) coffee...actually I think this is a important thing, depends on who you ask. I wouldn't die without it, but I love coffee
5) pulling weeds......pulling weeds make me happy because then I don't have to look at the straggly messes they make it my flower beds
6) anything Hawaiian or that reminds me of Hawaii. Since we got married in Hawaii....I love all things Hawaiian. I love the movie Forgetting Sara Marshall because it was filmed at the hotel we stayed and were married at (Turtle Bay Resort). I love coconut, pineapple, bird of paradise (they were in my bouquet), tropical prints, turtles...ANYTHING that reminds me of Hawaii.....you get the point. I am supposed to tag 6 people, but I can't pick 6, so why don't you all just post 6 Unimportant things in your next post, and then leave a link here on Mr. Linky.