Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

First day in the dirt

Tomorrow will be the first day for me to play in the dirt! And let me tell you....I am ECSTATIC! I have so much to do! I am going to plant all of the daffodils I found, trim some shrubs and pick up some leaves. I will post pics of my yard every month so we can see the flowers as they unfold. Right now everything is REALLY shabby looking. Keep in mind my flowers are only 2 - 3 years old (atleast in my yard), so it doesn't quite look like a garden out of Southern Living as of yet. It still needs a lot of work. I am going to enlarge one of my beds. It is in a really great spot, and everything in it does great...so I thought it needed some expanding. I put up a bird feeder out of our back window. Kiki (my precious cat...she is as inside cat) loves to sit in this window. I was hoping to draw some birds to the feeder for her to watch...so far it has been a week and none have showed up???? Not quite sure why, but hopefully soon they will come. I am going to be adding more birdfeeders as well as houses later on.

1 comment:

Marilyn Jones said...

Never fear-- the birds will come. Right now some are migrating and soon there will be plenty.

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List