Last night the North Mobile Garden Society gathered for our monthly meeting. This month's meeting was at my mom's house. Each month the host does a program for all the members. This month's program was on how to root plants.
Becky's Rooting Tips
1) Cut section off of plant and strip all leaves except for top few.
2) Pour rooting compound into small container and dip the bottom end of the cutting into rooting compound ( Do not dip stems into jar of rooting compound).
3) Push the cutting into a small container filled with potting soil, burying atleast 2 leaf nodes under the soil.
4) Water the cutting, thoroughly drenching the soil, Use a plant tag to name and date it.
5) Set the plant out in a shady location, and keep the soil moist. Leave the cutting in the pot for several weeks up to a year depending on the size of the plant. The plant needs to develop a fibrous root system.
6) Your cuttings can be left outside during autumn. During the winter, bring cuttings inside if temperatures dip in the low teens.