Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Here is a list of 25 (very) random things about me. My mom often refers to me as "a modern day housewife"...which is hilarious to me. 1) I have a wonderful husband, and a great marriage. There are days when I would like to knock his teeth down his throat (don't we all), but I usually get over that 10 minutes later. We fight, we make up. We let it all out, and move on. He is my best friend. 2) I love to hunt. I bow hunt, deer hunt and turkey hunt. There is nothing more amazing than being in the woods at daybreak when the woods come alive. All the birds, squirrels, etc. It is amazing to hear. I feel close to God in the woods. I get to see so many amazing things and animals in the woods. Turkey hunting would have to be by far one of my top 5 favorite things to do in life. 3) I am obsessed with gardening. I love to dig a hole, throw some seeds in it and watch it grow. I am a member of the North Mobile Garden Society and have met so many knowledgeable wonderful women in that group. I love to find old flowers at abandoned home places. I have found several rare flowers that cannot be bought at old homesteads. It is like hidden treasure. Nothing like free flowers. 4) I have the STRANGEST things happen to me. my friends tell me I should write a book called "A Day In the Life Of...:". Here are some examples of my strange things: - an owl flew into my head while riding a four wheeler, & knocked me out. - I fell down the top flight of stairs at the Eiffel Tower and broke my tailbone - The first deer I killed, I busted my head open with the scope and had to have 12 stitches 5) I am addicted to Jon & Kate + 8....LOVE IT! My Monday nights revolve around watching Jon & Kate...they amaze me. They make me want to have 8 kids...well only for the 30 minutes I am watching, then I get over it. 6) I cannot stand for my house to be messy. I should learn to let that go. 7) I HATE HATE HATE to put clothes up.......HATE IT! I will wash 500 loads of clothes....but loath the thought of having to fold them and put them up. 8) I have learned a lot this past year due to unexpected life lessons. I lost my job Jan '08, and my life has not been the same. I had a great job designing commercial buildings. I have done every type of building you can think of. I loved my job and love being an interior designer. Then I got laid off....and the Lord has been testing me every since. I have learned that my self worth was based on my job and my job was my identity. I lost that, and I had to find it. Since then I have not been able to find a job in my field in Mobile...but I have been working that. There are so many jobs in Birmingham and Montgomery in my field...but none here. I had to learn that working at Walmart may not be so bad...its a paycheck and it is paying the bills (no I do not work there...just an example). Never judge the person on the other side of the counter...they too may have a college degree and just can't find anything. You job does not define who you are as a person. 9) I like to make things....anything. I like to be crafty. Paint, draw, whatever. I used to paint all the time, but since getting married and moving into our house I do not have the space to paint. See #10 for follow up to that 10) I want a house that is 3,000sf. I need 1500 sf of it to be living and the other 1500sf to be walk in storage...lol! It will be a "faux" house....half and half, half living, half storage. 11) I am blessed to have a great family. I look up to my parents, they have been married 38 years!! Now that I am married I have a GREAT appreciation for that. You develop a much greater appreciation for marriage when you get married, because then you see what its all about. 12) I have, and have always had issues with myself. I never feel good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough. Its an inner demon that I am trying to conquer. I look in the mirror and see something totally different. I HATE taking pictures because I will obsess over how hideous I look...especially with braces. 13) I do not associate myself with dramatic people. That is all sop childish...and I do not have people in my life who bring me down...only people who life me up. 14) RAZZLES!!! I LOVE Razzles...they are my favorite candy and I can't quite explain why...but man I LOVE RAZZLES!!! However...the braces don't 15) I have to have coffee...everyday....several times a day...coffee...love it.... 16) I despise going to the bathroom only to discover there is not toilet paper........that is NO fun at all. 17) I love to dress up. I used to dress up everyday for work...but now I don't hardly ever get dressed up. I miss wearing heels everyday. 18) I love to travel and I make a list of places I would like to go ( I am a dork). So many places to see and life is short. I have been to Oahu, HA, all over the southern part of England, and to Paris (it was not a good visit for me). And a few other states. I want to go skiing...but I am scared I may ski into a tree.... 19) I talk to my mom 4 or more times a day. When you are young you think your parents are such idiots....but somewhere around 20...the light bulb went off. My mom is my best friend. 20) I aspire to be a better person, and be more Christlike. To let things go, forgive and forget. Not curse. Be selfless. Help others. Be a inspiration to others. 21) I am still hoping that Extreme Home Makeover will call me..... I met with the producers when they were in Mobile. (Keeping my fingers crossed...you never know) 22) It is amazes me when I walk into a building I designed. To touch it, feel it, see it in 3D. You take your ideas and put them on paper.You work on designing the building for 1 1/2 yrs - 2 yrs...you see it through every step of the way. Then you get to physically walk in it and see your ideas...from your brain...to paper...to life. It is beyond words. I miss it.... 23) I try not to complain...even though we all do. I tell myself..somewhere, someone has it a lot worse that I do. 24) My dad taught me how to take care of myself...in other words...I own way to many guns for a girl. 25) I take one day at a time and always thank God for the life and blessings he has given me each and everyday. I don't take anyone or anything for granted...because in one minute all of that can change. Love your spouse,mom, dad, siblings, children, friends, etc....and never leave them on a unkind note. Never go to bed mad, and never leave mad. The last words you spoke may be the last they ever hear. Eric and I had a really good friend who was killed by a drunk driver. He had been downtown on a Saturday night. He called Eric on their way out and asked him to go. Eric told him he couldn't. I can still hear Bryan say " that's alright man....we will do something next weekend". There was never another weekend. He was killed that night. Eric wanted him to be the best man in our wedding, and that didn't happen. We were married 9/2/05 in Hawaii on Brian's birthday.

No comments:

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List