Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

The day has come

A Seat Beside You by Robert H. Gilbert, Jr.
I never cried so many tears till I saw you lying there
Tonight you will spend it in Heaven above
The smile on your face shows the peace in your heart
Won’t you please save me a seat beside you?
I don’t care if the seat is old or it’s new
Some slats on the back may be missing 1 or 2
The legs may wobble, the seat may be warped
I don’t care as long as I’m next to you
We knew the day would come to say our goodbyes
But, I did not think it would be so soon
The family, they help me when I feel so down
But Mom , they can’t hold me like you do
I prayed to go, to ease the hurt and pain
But the answer I got was, Ok someday
Until the day comes to go beyond the blue
Will you please save me a seat next to you?
The day will come when we all have to bury a loved one...a spouse, parent or child. This week my mother-in-law passed away. She had been ill quite some time, so she is no longer suffering. She is in a better place than we all are, a place we all hope to someday be.
My wonderful, amazing friends in the North Mobile Garden Society are making dinner for the family. This means so much to me. My life is truly blessed to be able to know these women. They are angels.
Another sweet friend of mine brought us a Red Velvet cake. I love red velvet...and she makes them from scratch and they are heavenly.
So thanks to everyone....

No comments:

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List