Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Flittering Around

As gardeners we all have strange plants pop up all the time. Whether it be from birds, or we planted it and simply forgot. I know that I planted a lot of things this past Spring, and not all of them flourished until late in the season. Now I have this thing growing.... I am one of those gardeners who leaves plants alone if I don't know what they are until A) It blooms or B) my Mom calls me to tell me it is a weed. I have no idea what this is. I "thought" it could be a lupine since I planted one in a similar spot...but I don't think that it is. Any ideas?
This is a close up of the leaves. It is the only one of its type growing...which makes me believe it was either me or a bird that put it there. I do have a list of what all I have planted...but this resembles none of them.
Tatyana has done a great follow-up post regarding what happened to RainGardener and what you can do to keep this from happening to you. She has done great step by step instructions on how to add your names to your photos. Everyone please go check out her post!
Click HERE to read her post, Making It Hard for Thieves I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Love the mosaic of butterfly shots. Beautiful photos. Hope you have a good day.

Ginger said...

No idea what that plant is. Your butterfly pictures are beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey DP - I left a comment earlier on yesterdays post - you're such a trooper - thanks! I love when you rant and rave! LOL I also said I might have you make me a name. I put my name on mine for a while but it was so time consuming and I didn't have a program to just stamp it on - I had to do each one every time.
I don't have a clue what your plant is but do the same thing - don't touch until I know.
Well, thanks for your support I really appreciate it.
It's always good to have a princess on your side!!! hehehe

Darla said...

I haven't a clue what the plant is..Going to visit Tatyana....posted some of my HOT peppers for the seed exchange!! We are still talking about that snake email around here. You freaked my entire family out!!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I don't know what your unknown is, but it's not lupine. I try to be patient and leave things too. I had a surprise Verbascum show up that I thought was a weed, glad I left it.
Your collage is very pretty, love all the orange.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Is the purple flower I see in one pic part of that plant or is it another plant. Right off I don't recognize the plane. Now my curiosity is sparked and I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to finding an answer.

Have a grand day, enjoy it!!!

Joanne said...

Hi DP I haven't popped by for a while. I like your new look blog.

Thanks for the hint to pop over to Tatanya's blog.

Susie said...

We've seen so many of those butterflies around the nursery. As a matter of fact we the last couple of days has revealed many butterflies and bumble bees at work. It seems awful late to me to be seeing them.

Thanks for telling us that Tatyana has set up instructions on how to protect our pics.

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List