Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!

On Saturday, we had an activity filled day! We had a bridal luncheon at 10am, then we had to be at the church at 1pm to start taking pictures, then the wedding was at 4pm.
I took a few pictures of our hotel for ya'll. It was so nice! We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Montgomery. It was fine! It has great views of the river. This was a really cool piece of artwork in the lobby. It was HUGE! I am absolutely in love with it.....take 2 guesses why????? One is on top and has horns, and the other is on the bottom and has feathers! LOVE IT! I am going to replicate this is my dream home oneday!
This is one of the views from our room. I saw several boats throughout the weekend.
The bed was so comfy!
Let's get down to business shall we...the Bridal Luncheon.....
It was at Wyn Lakes Country Club, and everything was set up so nice!
The arrangement on the table, I knew ya'll would want to see some flowers....so here ya go!
The invitation and the cake matched!
Me and my sister-in-law
My Aunt, me & my mom (Aka Dirt Queen)
The bridesmaids and honorary bridesmaids
My grandmother ( my dads mom), my mom, Mandy, Mandy's mother & grandmother
Enjoying brunch
After lunch it was a mad rush to get back to the hotel, get our things together and head to the church.
Ginger tagged me in 7 Random Things About Me. So I am going to share my 7 random things in this post. I am supposed to tell you 7 interesting things about me, or things you don't know.
#1) I am obsessed with sharks, I love them, and I don't know why...but I do. I want to swim with great whites and tiger sharks (just not at the same time). I think this stems from watching Jaws as a young child. To this day, cheesy old Jaws movies are my favorite!
#2) I will admit, I am a chic tomboy. I will throw on heels and lipstick and hang with the best of them, but I am a country girl and there is no place I'd rather be than here:
I love the outdoors
#3) This was my favorite birthday cake ever....and yes...it is E.T.! See tomboy...in a blue frilly dress! LOL!

#4) My dream house is a log cabin on 50+ acres with a big pond out in the middle of no where.

#5) I don't like dogs. Well let me rephrase that...I didn't like dogs. I love my little Tide!

#6) Razzles are my favorite candy, I don't know why...but I LOVE Razzles...its weird. If they ever stop making them, I will be highly upset! So if anyone at Tootsie Roll Industries reads my blog....PLEASE let me be your Razzles spokes person....I will work for free Razzles!

#7) I have 9 Cabbage Patch Kids dolls, I loved them when I was little. They are at my moms in storage. I had 3 girls, one of them had "real" hair! If you owned any Cabbage Patch Kids you know that the early ones only had yarn hair. I remember waiting for hours to get my first one, only to discover her name was Rowena! WHAT! Who named these dolls! My "real" hair Cabbage Patch kid had my same name, Claire....thus the reason my mom bought her. The rest were all boys, I have preemies, and babies, and toddlers. Love them! Rowena looks just like the yellow yarn head one below. She got kicked to the curb when I got Claire...because Claire had real hair! LOL!!!

So there are you total RANDOM 7 things about me! So if ya'll find any good deals on Razzles...let me know!

Tomorrow we will witness a historic event.....my brother gets married!

10 comments:

Ginger said...

OMG that list is hilarious! I have never heard of razzles??!!

Precious picture of you with the ET cake!

Darla said...

Still the beauty continues from your wonderful wedding trip....all of the gilrs/ladies/women are beautiful!!!! The 7 random things about you doesn't surprise me at all...until tomorrow..

Becca's Dirt said...

Great post. My daughter still has her cabbage dolls too. Oh and ET was fun for everyone. Your pictures are so cute.

Joanne said...

You clearly had a great time

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful weekend experience when your brother got married. I enjoyed seeing all of the pictures.

Your list is GREAT... It's hard for me to think of you as a tomboy though... As they say, "You sure do clean up good!"

Hugs,
Betsy

Tootsie said...

girl...this was a good one!!! I love it that you have toys and are a tom boy!!! I still have some of my old toys...my kids are NOT allowed to touch!

Melissa Valeriote said...

Greetings! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment. Love your colorful blog and beautiful photography!

I have a Halloween "cupcake" available. Email me at:

valeriotedesign@comcast.net

and I will send you photos and pricing.

Susie said...

What a fun time DP. Everyone looks so pretty all dolled up.

Stephanie said...

I like that cake! It is so refreshing to have a cake decorated with icing flowers.

Dirt Princess said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments! We do all clean up well! LOL!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List