Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Finishing Up the Christmas Tour

Well we are finally going to finish up the Christmas Tour! I have been sooo busy with work, and getting ready for the holidays, that I haven't had much to to blog. However, as of today I am off for TWO WEEKS!! Whoo hoo!!!! This house had a magnolia theme, and the home owner is also big into Mardi Gras. It was a mix of the two.
Some of the owners Mardi Gras costumes.
Mardi Gras themed tree in the downstairs area. Alot of people here decorate for Mardi Gras. I am not one of them! I could really careless about it.
The house was an older house, and she had these neat little cabinets in the dining room.
Now lets see a different house.....
This house was built by the home owners parents. They used knotty pint all throughout the house, ceilings, floors, etc. The home owner is a music instructor, and teaches piano.
She played for us before we left.
The last house on the tour was built in 1919, and had some interesting details.
They had it decorated very simple.
This was the neatest part to me! They had the original floorplan of the house! I thought that was very neat!
I enjoyed seeing how all of these home owners decorated their tables. Each one was very unique.
When we walked into this house, this was the first thing we noticed.....
These lemons where HUGE!
I asked the ladies to pose with them to show you just how big they were (Left to right: the home owner, Mrs. Deborah from our garden club, and the Hydrangea Queen - Ramona).
The tour was fabulous, and I had so much fun! I can't wait to go back next year!
Well I have to go pack now! I am headed up to the hunting camp for the weekend! Ya'll have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

6 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You have a wonderful time at the hunting camp and I hope ya'll have some great stories to bring back. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tours of the big old houses and their beautiful decorations.

God bless you sweet lady and have a wonderful Christmas.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful April. Lovely homes and I also love to visit others homes. There is always ideas we carry away with us to add to our homes. Lovely. Merry Christmas to you and the Hunter.

Lona said...

DP it has been so much fun going along with you on the Holiday house tour. we do not have them near us.
What huge lemon's. Wow! I love the big bird cage in the dining room.

Unknown said...

Lovely tour! Those lemons are amazing.

Stephanie said...

No way! These fruits are too big to be a lemon ?! So extraordinary.. it's amazing. I have never seen lemons so huge before. Btw, I like this neat decor and cosy very much. Have a great Christmas!

Justin and Anne said...

You have been a busy woman! Looks great. Merry Christmas!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List