Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decking the Halls Part 2

I found some great additions for my tree today, and some ribbon so I can make a new bow(ok so Mom can make me a new bow!). I worked on that for a bit. I will show you all pictures of Christmas Tree 2.0 when I am done.
I don't do the traditional Christmas colors of red and green. I don't know why, but I am drawn to purples, pinks, lime greens, and aqua. I started out somewhat traditional in my kitchen, but that too is changing.
Here's the 'Ol Rusty cart. I just love it. It comes in handy and I can dress it up pretty darn cute (or maybe I am partial?).
I bought these present boxes at the Dollar General. They really have some cute Christmas decorations!
The chandelier also got a little Christmas makeover. Nothing is safe!
This hutch is built it. It comes in handy. All of these Santa's came from my mom. She painted some of them. I just stick them in and on this hutch.
Topiary 2.0! I added some purple feathers, I just couldn't help it! I used ornaments on the candle holders and added some feathers to the base.
When I was in college I bought these set of plates. There are 8 of them...do you know why there are 8? Vixen is your first of 8 clues! I absolutely love them!
I use these gift boxes on my table as well. I usually place them on the center of the plate. However, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen are too cute to cover up!Rudolph has his own little place!
Well that is part of the kitchen. There isn't much to see on the other half except for dirty dishes, and who wants to see that?
I will try to post the outside decorations tomorrow. It has been raining here since yesterday, so they may not look as nice as they would on a sunny day!
It is beginning to get chilly here...and I love that. Most people here HATE cold weather. I on the other hand love it! We have had several hot Christmas' and they are just no fun! I personally don't like wearing short sleeves at Christmas. If I lived in Hawaii then that would be fine....but I don't! I would LOOOOOOVE some snow, and I mean more than 1"! I know all of you up north probably think I am nuts for wanting snow!
A few years ago, it snowed here on Christmas Day. I remember my Dad just standing out in the yard staring up at the sky. I wasn't really sure what was wrong with him. I just watched him, and he said that it hadn't snowed on Christmas Day since he was 5 years old (or somewhere around that age). I realized at that moment, we never really grow up. The same things that amazed us as kids, still amaze us as adults. There is a child in all of us, and sometimes we have to let it out to play.

9 comments:

Susie said...

All your decorations look great! I love Dollar General. They do have wonderful decorations at a low cost. Can't beat that!

Becca's Dirt said...

That little child in us makes us feel happy. Your place is just stunning and I love your creativity. You are really talented with decorating.

Lona said...

DP your home just shouts Christmas now. So many pretties to look at. All the little touches and displays.
That is a wonderful story about your Dad and the snow. I wish I could send you some for Christmas.

Darla said...

DP your place is really looking festive, your Christmas spirit is inspiring. I adore those plates. I think I would have them displayed in a group on the wall. I would love to see a little snow myself, I'll just enjoy all of the beautiful snow photos our garden bloggers share with us. Oh, your Dad and the snow, made me cry...what a precious memory, you should make a Christmas card out of that!!!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It really is looking festive! Do you entertain a lot at Christmas? Sometimes I feel like I do all this decorating and hardly anyone sees it. I like your non traditional colors more than the reds and greens.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I've enjoyed both of your "Deck the Halls" posts. You are just so creative!!!!! You could open your house --as a Christmas Open House and sell tickets!!!!! GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Lovely DP - you're always so full of great ideas - either in decorating or in other areas. You're right about the child in all of us. I think I've been going through my 2nd childhood for some time now - my 'wild child' has arrived! Sure keeps Bob on his toes! LOL

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Love the tablescape and what you did with the light fixture. How fun!

Dirt Princess said...

Susie Dollar General, and Dollar Tree...can't beat them!

Becca thank you

Hocking Hills you will never believe this...but it is SUPPOSED to snow here Saturday! Can you believe that!

Darla I wish I had enough wall space to hang them. Unfortunatley what wall space I do have is occupied with deer! I am glad you enjoyed my story!

Catherine I don't entertain! We mainly use my moms house for that. My kitchen is so tiny it is hard to cook a big meal in! I feel the same way. I wonder why I go all out...I guess for Kiki!

Betsy thank you! They have asked me before to be on the Christmas Tour of Homes. I just don't know about random people coming through my house. Kinda weirds me out!

Rg there is nothing wrong with that! Thats what keep us young and vibrant!

Ellie Mae thanks! It needs some work still!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List