Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hydrangea Queen Garden Tour




The Hydrangea Queen (Ramona) had a wonderful garden tour yesterday afternoon. She opened her gorgeous garden up to her friends so we could see her hydrangeas at their peak. She currently has 47 different varieties of hydrangeas, and 67 hydrangeas total. She just returned from a Hydrangea Festival in Donaldson, Georgia. She came back with 15 more hydrangeas from the festival!!!!

Zinnias blooming amongst the flamingos


She has pathways throughout her garden that lead you around the hydrangeas


Each one has its own unique color variation


Zinnias


Top Right to bottom left: Pink Asiatic Elodi Lily, Crocosmia, Bee Balm (Monarda), Cleome


Clematis, don't kill me on this one...but I'm really not sure, Daylily, Bee Balm


Cleome


Elodi Lily


Mophead Hydrangea, Mophead Hydrangea, Clematis, Lacecap Hydrangea


Bee Balm and bees!


Now we will get started with the hydrangeas. I do not know their names. I should have written them down...sorry. If you would like to know the name of a certain one, let me know and I will find out.


The birdhouse near her back gate is temporarily occupied with a hive of bees! They aren't very nice either. They are about three feet from the gate, and they aren't real friendly when visitors pass through the gate! Her husband is going to somehow move the birdhouse away from the gate.

We had a wonderful time, good refreshments, and great company. It was still pretty hot at 6:30 in the afternoon, but that is a typical summer here. It has been sweltering hot here, and extremely humid. We have been getting a good amount of rain, but that just creates a big huge steambath outside!!!

I can't go outside to take pictures in the morning time because my camera lens continuously fogs up no matter what I do!!!! These kinda days also make for WONDERFUL hairdays!!!! No, not really....

Until next time!! Have a wonderful evening and I hope you enjoyed your stroll through the Hydrangea Queen's garden (now you get where her title comes from).


13 comments:

Lona said...

Oh DP, I would have thought I had went to heaven in that garden with all of those hydrangeas. What a beautiful garden she has.

Phillip Oliver said...

A woman after my own heart! Lovely!

Window On The Prairie said...

Lovely hydrangeas. Mine is stil a baby, but someday....
Suzanne

Darla said...

How much fun. She has some beautiful flowers, oh la la the hydrangeas! Now how about a garden tour of your gardens? We are having the same perfect hair day weather here too. It's called "ponytail weather".

Becca's Dirt said...

Lovely assortment of hydrangeas. Lots of pretty zinnias. Have a nice weekend. Becca

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what gorgeous pictures...had to look at them twice...

Jeannie B. said...

I did enjoy my trek through the hydrangeas . I really love the blue ones.

Annie said...

Wow, the macro shots of the blue and pink hydrangeas are truly stunning. Lovely photography!

Stephanie said...

What beautiful garden! Love the hydrangeas :-D Thanks for posting all the pictures of the flowers. I enjoyed seeing them. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

I'm loving your fabulous hydrangeas!!!! They must be great for cutting..

Stephanie said...

Hi DP,

How are you? Just wanted to let you know that your orange zinnia flourished a nice bloom for me. Have a look...
http://stephgreenspace.blogspot.com/2010/06/cute-and-funny-but-no-id.html

Take care!

Green Iris said...

Absolutely beautiful! Like walking into a fairyland!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for confirming the cactus zinnia DP! Now I don't have to guess the flower. Thanks again for the seeds. The process of growing cactus zinnia has be an interesting one. I didn't realise the flower supposed to be that way until a nice flower fluorished. Have a wonderful day :-D

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List