Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hidden Treasure (Part 1)

You can live a place your entire life, and never really know what's around the corner. This is the case with Garden Lake. Garden Lake is owned by a lady in my garden club. It is an amazing hidden treasure. The property is 32 acres, and every square foot of it is covered by camellias, various trees, shrubs and other plants. The previous owner had a nursery and liked to hybridize and graft plants. His plants are located all around the property. The are trails all throughout the property that take you to and from. There is a huge lake that is home to a few swans...Jim and Nancy are 2 of them. Jim owns the lake and he will be sure to let you know it....don't get to close to his dock. Then there is Bob...he is my favorite. Bob is the resident turkey, he is a male. He loves to gobble (year round) and strut around to show you just how big he is. The owners recently bought Bob a hen (Pearl) so he can have playmate (he is currently out numbered by the swans, geese, peacocks and chickens!). There are several peacocks around also. There are a few white peacocks, and regular peacocks. There were a few baby peacocks when I visited. I wanted to snatch one and put it in my car...maybe they wouldn't notice ;). This place is breathe taking, and pictures don't come any where close to the real thing. So enjoy the pictures. There are alot of them...it was so hard to narrow them down. Enjoy!

No comments:

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List