Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Garden Journal

I started a garden journal so I could keep up with where I planted what, where I got each plant, and if I move I know what I had. I also add magazine articles, notes, quotes, sketches and anything I feel like. Here are a few pages from my garden journal: This is one of the newer beds in the garden. I call it the Heirloom Garden, because everything in it came from someone, or I found at an old home place. The only 2 plants in the bed that were purchased where the blueberry bush and a climbing rose on the arbor. Clipping from a magazine on planting depths
Some sketches and quotes
I keep a list of all of my plants and where I got them (I told you I was a garden dork). I number all of the plants, I also have a 3 ring binder with plant information printed out for each plant, in order as I have them numbered. Here is one of the plants list....I am up to 92 plants right now...
Here is a sketch of one of the beds
A larger sketch of that area
A lot of the ladies in the Garden Society keep garden journals. We like to share information and it is lots of fun to see other peoples journals. I put a lot of photos in my journal of plants, and how the beds look during certain months. It is always nice to have that as a reference, you can look back and see what was blooming when.

2 comments:

Phillip Oliver said...

You will be glad you did - it is so helpful when you can't remember what a plant is or where you got it. Just don't be like me and forget to keep it up!

Jesikarena said...

WOW! nice sketches! Your journal is beautiful!

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List