Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas at Garden Lake

I like different. I'm definitely an "outside of the box" type person. I had a boss once who actually introduced me to people as his "outside the box" designer. I like to get online and look at the local real estate website of houses that are for sale. Seems like 75% of them have the same cookie cutter look and design. I can look at a house and tell you all about a person.

This house.....is definitely outside of the box!

If you have been following my blog for a while, you will remember Garden Lake. If not, then let me tell you about it. It is the home of one of my garden club members, it is on 35 acres, and has a beautiful pond. it is also home to some beautiful creatures like peacocks and black swans. I will share those pics with ya'll next week. The owner is very creative, and not afraid to risks. What I love about her home is that its HERS! Meaning, everything in it has a story. Every piece of artwork, every object, furniture, etc. In her living room she has a HUGE oil painting of a flamingo. It was painted by her daughter, and it is very, very good.
Take this room for example. This is the Men's Parlor, Trophy Room, Man Cave...whatever you call it. It is full of game tables, animals and liquor! Just a fun place to hang out.


She has several trees throughout the house. They are just as unique as the owners. This is the hunting tree in the Trophy Room.

Do ya'll know what these are?????

They are music scrolls that go to the old pianos!!! Very cool. And yes she has the piano...I just didn't get a picture of it.



Because every bear should have a Santa hat!


I myself have a hunting tree, and I must say I am highly envious of this armadillo
 ornament and must have one!

Christmas tree on the sun porch.

This is the kids/grand kids tree in the living room. The owners have 6 kids and 15/18 grand kids (I say 15/18 because I can't remember which it is LOL)

Moving on into the formal living room....
Throughout the years there have been several swans at Garden Lake, so it is only fitting to have a swan tree.


The formal dining table



Dining Room Christmas Tree

There is a black and red tree in the master bedroom. The overall picture I took didn't turn out really well.

And last but not least.....the peacock tree (my personal fave)
There are several peacocks on the property that roam freely. They are the most beautiful bird in the world to me. The peacock you see here was one of theirs that died from natural causes. I took some gorgeous photos of the other peacocks that I will share with ya'll next week.

We all got one of these precious ornaments to take home with us to remember this years garden club party. We had a great time and always enjoy spending time at Garden Lake

3 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

That's a lot of decorating and so unique. Beautiful.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Now that's just a beautifully unique place! What a bang~up job decorating it.

I have to say my heart sank a bit when I saw the music scrolls. My Granny Walden had a player piano. When Pappy and Granny moved to town my bachelor uncle chopped up the piano for firewood!!! I know!!!

Thanks so much for the tour sweetie.

God bless and have a fantastic weekend.

Pop over if ya get a chance and enter my giveaway. I'll leave the door open and a light on for ya! Heeehehe!!! :o)

Peggy said...

Wow!!There is a tree in every room? I don't think I could cope with even thinking about it! I skip blogging for what I think is a few days and then discover it is actually a few weeks.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List