Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Where wildflowers grow

My brother is getting married in August, and this weekend I went to Montgomery for their engagement party and Mandy's bridal tea. I had so much fun. The weekend was very busy. My brother lives 15 minutes outside of Montgomery in Hope Hull. I love this place! His neighborhood is very expansive and open. It is a huge field with houses. I absolutely love it! I would love to have a neighborhood like his around here. It would be amazing to live in a place like this. I would never go inside. I would be outside everyday, gardening, running, riding my bike...you would have to pull me inside. My mom and I rode through the neighborhood and took pictures of all of the wildflowers growing. They were everywhere. Wild primrose, verbena, queen anne's lace, just beautiful. I took tons of photos, you can click on the link below to see them all. The pasture behind my brothers house was carpeted with golden flowers. It was amazing. Me and my mom did go and attempt to dig up some primrose, verbena and queen ann's lace, however the ground was hard as concrete!!! I have never seen the ground that hard, it was so dry and parched....it was like a brick. I did manage to beat up the ground enough to get a few primrose and verbena up. I couldn't manage to get up any queen ann's lace though. I was amazed at how dry and hard the soil was. I can foresee that these plants will probably not grow in my rich moist soil...isn't that how it always is!!! It can grow in soil that is dry and hard as a bone...but not in other soils....we shall see. I hope it will all grow for me! We had lunch at The Southern Sportsman Lodge after church. This is where the rehearsal dinner will be held. It is a really nice place. I have been working on some table arrangements for the dinner. Please be sure to check out my photos and enjoy them...hope you like it as much as I do. Enjoy http://www.flickr.com/photos/35726325@N06/sets/72157617389894790/show/

No comments:

Please sign my guest book :)

Blotanical

Blotanical

Translate

My Blog List

My Blog List